Both kinds of agencies offer low rates. Cruise lines offer the same high-volume discounts and sales to all agencies, live or internet-based. The difference is in value and customer service. The Internet doesn't wake up at 6 AM to a plea from a client needing help with a flight cancellation and rebooking due to a hurricane. The agent will also speak on behalf of the client for most other problems encountered on a vacation. Internet-only cruise brokers are basically "order takers;" service and advice giving are not their purpose.
ADDED VALUE OF USING CRUISES BY KATE
Kate will research and book for you at no extra cost:
- Air* (Other agencies now charge an air booking fee due to the discontinuation of commission payments by the airlines.)
- Pre- and post- cruise hotel stays
- transfers to and from pier
- shore excursions
- Travel Insurance [post link to travel insurance page]
- and of course, unlimited advice!
*If booking air for a group, a nominal per-ticket charge may apply.